When selecting a rich green paint color, two elegant options from Benjamin Moore are Forest Green 2047-10 and Hunter Green 2041-10. At first glance, these two greens may appear very similar. But looking closer, there are noticeable differences that impact their shades and how they look in a space.
In this in-depth comparison article, we’ll examine Forest Green vs Hunter Green side-by-side. We’ll look at undertones, real-world photos, best room applications, and popular color pairings. By the end, you’ll understand how these greens differ and which Benjamin Moore green is the best choice for your goals.
Key Differences Between Forest Green and Hunter Green
Before diving into all the details, here is a brief overview of how BM Forest Green and BM Hunter Green differ:
- Undertones: Forest Green is a yellow-green, Hunter Green is a blue-green.
- Shade: Forest Green is brighter, Hunter Green is deeper.
- Use: Forest Green works great whole-home, Hunter Green best accenting.
- Rooms: Forest Green shines in living rooms, Hunter Green excels as an accent.
Now let’s explore Benjamin Moore Forest Green vs Hunter Green more closely!
Benjamin Moore Forest Green 2047-10
Forest Green 2047-10 is a vibrant, refreshing yellow-green paint color from Benjamin Moore. It has natural, harmonious vibes perfect for any space.
Here are some details about Forest Green:
- Undertones: Yellow-green
- Shade: Bright, medium-dark green
- LRV: 7.58
- Rooms: Living rooms, bedrooms, offices, whole-home
- Pairs Well With: Warm neutrals, golds, blues
Benjamin Moore Forest Green is a gorgeous mid-tone green with lively yellow undertones. This sunny warmth gives it an uplifting, cheerful mood.
The golden yellowness keeps Forest Green feeling bright and vibrant. It avoids looking too dark or murky.
This versatile green complements various color schemes. Pleasing combinations include:
- Benjamin Moore Creamy White
- Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter
- Benjamin Moore Greenbrier Blue
- Benjamin Moore Mahogany
While suitable anywhere, this cheerful green excels as an all-over wall color in living spaces, bedrooms, offices, and entryways.
Benjamin Moore Hunter Green 2041-10
Hunter Green 2041-10 is a rich, sophisticated blue-green paint color from Benjamin Moore. It has refined style perfect for adding bold contrast.
Here are some key details about Hunter Green:
- Undertones: Blue-green
- Shade: Deep, jewel-tone green
- LRV: 6.39
- Rooms: Dining rooms, libraries, accent walls, front doors
- Pairs Well With: Warm neutrals, golds, teals
Benjamin Moore Hunter Green is a deeply saturated blue-green with elegant forest shades. The cool blue undertones give it a crisp, luxurious vibe.
The intensity of Hunter Green allows it to create a stunning impact as an accent while avoiding feeling too overwhelming in a space.
Some gorgeous combinations with this regal green include:
- Benjamin Moore Linen White
- Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter
- Benjamin Moore Hale Navy
- Benjamin Moore Golden Oak
While eye-catching anywhere, Hunter Green truly excels when used thoughtfully as an accent wall, front door color, or dining room statement.
Comparing Forest Green vs Hunter Green
Now that we’ve looked at the two greens individually, let’s compare Forest Green and Hunter Green directly:
The main difference between the greens comes down to undertones. Forest Green is a yellow-green while Hunter Green is a blue-green.
Forest Green’s golden warmth gives it a cheerful, friendly mood. Hunter Green’s coolness feels richer and more luxurious.
Forest Green is brighter and more medium in tone. Hunter Green is much deeper and more jewel-toned.
Forest Green has more vibrancy and luminosity. Hunter Green has more shade intensity.
Forest Green’s flexibility makes it work beautifully throughout homes. Hunter Green does best accenting specific walls, doors, and architectural elements.
Both Forest Green and Hunter Green come in any finish from matte to high-gloss.
Forest Green vs Hunter Green Comparison Chart
Here is an overview of their major differences:
|Paint Color||Forest Green 2047-10||Hunter Green 2041-10|
|Shade||Bright, Medium-Dark||Deep, Jewel-Tone|
|Use||Whole-Home Color||Accent Color|
|Sheens||Any Finish||Any Finish|
Real Rooms Painted in Forest Green and Hunter Green
To better envision the two greens, let’s look at real rooms painted in Forest Green and Hunter Green:
Forest Green 2047-10
Hunter Green 2041-10
The images showcase the yellow-green warmth of Forest Green vs the regal coolness of Hunter Green. But their similar rich green shades can make them appear alike at first glance.
Should You Choose Forest Green or Hunter Green?
So which luxurious Benjamin Moore green is the better choice for your space – cheerful Forest Green or sophisticated Hunter Green? Here are some tips for deciding:
Pick Benjamin Moore Forest Green 2047-10 if you want:
- A bright, golden yellow-green with warmth
- Uplifting color suitable for whole-home use
- Natural harmony for living rooms, offices, bedrooms
- Vibrant sophistication without darkness
Choose Benjamin Moore Hunter Green 2041-10 if you want:
- A deep, regal blue-green with richness
- Striking contrast as an accent wall or front door
- Refined elegance in formal dining rooms
- Bold, luxurious style with jewel-tone intensity
If still uncertain between the two greens, get samples and paint large swatches. View in both natural and artificial light before deciding.
Either rich green you choose will create a beautiful, luxurious look. But their distinct undertones and shades mean one likely fits your space better.
Ideal Room Applications
Here are some rooms that tend to suit Forest Green and Hunter Green best:
Forest Green 2047-10
- Living Rooms
- Dressing Rooms
Hunter Green 2041-10
- Dining Rooms
- Front Doors
- Accent Walls
- Powder Rooms
Both greens can work beautifully throughout homes. But the above applications maximize their individual strengths.
Design Ideas and Color Pairings
On their own, Forest Green and Hunter Green create dramatic backdrops. Paired thoughtfully with other colors, they make bold interiors:
Forest Green Color Pairings
- Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace (trim/ceilings)
- Benjamin Moore Hale Navy (accent wall)
- Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter (furniture)
- Polished gold lighting
Hunter Green Color Pairings
- Benjamin Moore Linen White (trim/ceilings)
- Benjamin Moore Gentleman’s Gray (accent wall)
- Benjamin Moore White Dove (furniture)
- Antique brass lighting
Forest Green vs Hunter Green – Which is Best for You?
When choosing between Benjamin Moore Forest Green and Hunter Green, keep your goals in mind:
Pick Forest Green 2047-10 if you want:
- A vibrant yellow-green suitable for whole-home use
- Natural golden warmth with cheerful ambiance
- Harmonious feel for living areas and bedrooms
- Sophistication without intense darkness
Choose Hunter Green 2041-10 if you want:
- A deep jewel-toned blue-green as an accent
- Bold contrast with richness and elegance
- Striking intensity in formal spaces
- Luxurious refinement with a regal vibe
While both are beautiful greens, their distinct undertones and shades mean one likely better fits your particular space. Get samples before deciding between BM Forest Green and Hunter Green.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still trying to decide between Benjamin Moore Forest Green vs Hunter Green? Here are answers to some common questions:
Does Hunter Green work well in a living room?
It can, but likely works best on one accent wall rather than all over. Forest Green is usually a better full living room wall color. Hunter Green tends to feel too dark all over.
What colors go well with Forest Green walls?
Forest Green pairs nicely with off-whites, light blues, tans, and gold tones. White trim and a navy accent wall help accentuate its cheerful sophistication.
Which green has more yellow – Forest Green or Hunter Green?
Forest Green has distinct golden yellow undertones while Hunter Green leans more towards blue-green. Hunter Green has very little yellow in it.
Can you use Hunter Green in a bedroom?
Definitely, as a bold accent wall or on the headboard. It may feel too dramatic all over walls. Use restraint to allow Hunter Green’s richness to shine.
Is Forest Green suitable for a front door?
Absolutely! Forest Green makes a gorgeous, welcoming front door color. Its yellow-green warmth gives off a friendly, inviting vibe.
When comparing Benjamin Moore Forest Green vs Hunter Green, the main differences come down to their undertones and shades:
- Forest Green is a vibrant yellow-green suitable for whole-home use, with natural golden warmth.
- Hunter Green is a deep blue-green that excels as an accent, with bold intensity and sophistication.
While both are regal greens, their distinct characteristics mean one likely better fits your particular space and style goals. Consider your needs when choosing between cheerful BM Forest Green and refined Hunter Green. Samples will ensure you select the perfect lush green!